FYI I turn 25 on the first of September and it scares the sh*t out of me.
25 seems like a magical (yes, magical) age to me, because a lot of tech, digital media startups founders started when they are around 25 (or at least accomplished their startup before they turned 25), like Wordpress guy, Matt Mullenweg, or Mashable’s Pete Cashmore etc.
I am sh*t scared because I feel that there are still a lot of things that I want to accomplish before then but haven’t. Like I’ve always wanted to finish an app on my own (key term: on my own), but am still working on it (or them, rather, sometimes I think I should only stick to one thing, but am a bit ADD and gets bored when I work on one thing for too long).
Anyway, there are stuff really tough things on that list, like #2 or #10, those I’d probably never do, ever (before or after 25, since I am a ninny like that).
Comments on the 25 things:
1. Done and done.
2. Never ever.
3. One thing that am pretty sure that I’m not, is passive. However, I am on the opposite end of the passive spectrum, that I should be considered flighty (which isn’t very good either)
4. Yes, this is something that I always wanted to try. Maybe when I’m in between jobs again.
5. Freedom is something that involves the ungodly hour of 5 am? No! Freedom is being able to sleep twenty four hours a day (oh, wait that’s a coma, or dead)
6. I don’t think I have a useless Bachelor’s degree. I worked (and prayed) really hard for it. And I appreciate it very much. And every time I open my 104 (recruitment site) account, I appreciate my degree even more (because B.S. Computer Science graduates are really in right now)
7. Yeah, I should really start saving. I try.
8. I love just going away and be social media and cellphone free for a weekend. I do that whenever I’m on vacation or at my grandmother’s house.
9. I brunch everyday.
10. Never ever. Not a good idea, because they might just say no. Although to be honest, I sort of did this, just not the whole “I want you. I want to be with you" part. I don’t think I ever say that!
11. Self, no! No to procrastinations. No to distractions.
12. Done it! Although I am sad whenever I realize that those places may not remain there forever. Also they may not remain the same as you remembered. You changed, so did they.
13. Writing. And blogging even though I don’t expect other people to read them (like this blog, for example).
14. Um, okay.
16. I fear heights, because I fear that I might just jump off (that should keep dictating my moves, right? for safety’s sake)
17. Right. Will do. Should definitely do. Because my house is filled with things like old train, gallery and movie tickets.
19. Oh, okay. Although when I think about it, I never lied about such things (I’m usually pretty honest about not yet watching a movie that was recommended to me).
20. Love health insurance.
21. Erm, that takes courage, which I don’t have yet.
22. But I’d rather date someone that I love (even if he doesn’t love me), over someonewho loves me (or said “I love you” first, because I might not feel the same way)
23. Ooh… did that. Still doing that.
24. Yes, yes. Macbook Pro is love.
25. Yeah, unfortunately, I do this thing a lot and quite often that I think it made me quite flighty.